Imagine Projects is an independent research and project management practice. We provide a range of services to our clients.
Imagine Projects must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the business acts as a data controller.
Please note, the Data Protection Officer for Imagine Projects is Mr Ian Cartwright. Details of our data protection registration and that of the DPO can be viewed on the public register with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) https://ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search. Imagine projects is registered with the ICO, our reference ZA216816.
You may be required to provide your personal details to the Imagine Projects directly, such as on a survey or registration form.
In all instances, Imagine Projects must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms and conditions as outlined in this policy.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
Imagine Projects will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes outlined in specific projects The legal bases Imagine Projects rely upon to offer you our services are as follows:
- Consent of the individual for one or more specific purposes.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the individual or in order to take steps at the request of the individual to enter into a contract.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that the controller is subject to.
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual or another person.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the data controller.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the controller or a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights or freedoms of the individual which require protection of personal data, in particular where the individual is a child.
b. Legitimate interest
Where Imagine Projects has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests are as follows:
- In a community survey
- In forming a mailing list
- Any other that is deemed appropriate and indicated in a specific privacy notice.
c. Recipient/s of data
Imagine Projects will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients. As b above.
d. Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and (or) a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and (or) a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. For example a prize draw during a community survey.
2. Data retention
Imagine Projects will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws may require us to keep data for different periods of time.
In addition, we are required to keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records for a period of time as specified and is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Upon the expiry or closure time period for consent provided by you, Imagine Projects will seek further consent from you. In any event where consent is not granted/indeed received, Imagine Projects, will cease in the processing of your personal data and sensitive personal data.
3. Your rights when it comes to consent and the processing of your personal data
Please note, that in relation to GDPR and DPA (2018) you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data Imagine Projects processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data Imagine Projects processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to Imagine Projects processing your personal data and sensitive personal data, you reserve the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Ian Cartwright on firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Complaints or queries
- In the event where you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of its procedures as detailed above, please contact: Ian Cartwright on email@example.com
You also have the right to raise concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.