Delivered Community Surveys to six Wards in York
- Fulford and Heslington
Delivered a Community Survey at Shipton On Beningbrough, Hambleton, North Yorkshire.
Delivered a community survey in the village of Shipton at Beningbrough to understand how the closed Methodist Chapel could be used for community activity.
Three Research Projects in a large new housing development at Carlton Colville, Lowestoft to understand the needs of local people who live in new housing.
- A Family Survey,
- Specific research among Children and Young people,
- The leisure data base to discover the latent demand for a health and fitness facility
Research among children and young people to help discover the opportunity for a specific project for young people.
Survey reports from these projects are available to view by contacting us.
The research methodology
- Deepened the organisations understanding of their local communities
- Ensure the research identifies real needs
- Created a sense of local ownership and participation
- Avoided unnecessary duplication of provision
- Gave local people a say in the future of their communities
- Add value to local community groups and local people
The research enabled a cross section of community groups and business to deliver their services whilst engaging the community throughout the project. The research also enabled organisations to set clear goals and gain a credible understanding of the area in terms of needs and opportunities.
The research methodolgy is not theoretical but action orientated resulting in a clear mandate for each organisation to bring value to their clients and their communities.
The approach involves the following phases. Each phase moves progressively from high-level to more detailed investigation.
Phase 1 Project inception meeting
Phase 2 Desktop research
Phase 3 Stakeholder focus groups
Phase 4 Community engagement
Phase 5 Final debrief
Phase 6 Close – Over to the client